- Distance: 120 miles (estimate)
- Days: 14 days
Nepal is a playground for trekkers and mountaineers. The country has dozens of major, world-class trails and peaks that can, and do, keep enthusiasts busy for decades. The country’s most popular routes are Everest Base Camp and the Annapurna Sanctuary. Naturally, I decided to do both of those, plus a bit more.
The Annapurna Circuit has for decades been the crown jewel of Himalayan trekking and the area continues to draw more visitors than any other trekking destination in the country. Despite development in recent years that has encroached deep into the heart of the Annapurna region, the trek remains an essential experience that provides a magnificent tour through a wonderfully beautiful landscape.
- Part 1: Nepal’s Still-Classic Annapurna Circuit
- Part 2: The Annapurna Posse
- Part 3: In the Shadow of Thorung La
- Part 4: Celebrating the Pass
- Part 5: Last Days on the Circuit
Images from the trail: