- Distance: 105 miles
- Days: 8 trail days + 1 zero day
The Tour de Mont Blanc is one of Europe’s classic long distance treks. The popular circuit hike passes through France, Italy and Switzerland as it circles the Mont Blanc massif. The most common route begins in Les Houches, France and travels anti-clockwise through seven major valleys before returning again to Les Houches.
I’d never done any serious hiking in the Alps and felt that this was a perfect opportunity to fix that. Despite the low altitudes (the highest point on trail is only 2,665m/8,743ft), the TMB delivers spectacular scenery, challenging climbs and a vibrant trail community. It is worthy of the accolades.
- Intro to the TMB
- Part 1: Went to a Party and a Hike Broke Out
- Part 2: “I Carry Nothing But Cheese”
- Part 3: The Mayor of Grand St. Bernard
- Part 4: Happy Birthday to Me!
- Cheers to an Incredible Adventure