Welcome to 7Trails! I’m Kevin. This blog chronicles my journey as I leave my career as a law firm attorney to become an entrepreneur seeking a life with more freedom, meaning and adventure.
I spent the last 7 years working as an energy and environmental lawyer in Washington, D.C. Tired of staring at office walls, I left my job and DC in December 2013. I moved to California and started my life as an entrepreneur. After preparing for the transition for years, mentally and financially, I now work for myself at the times and places I choose.
Because merely changing careers, locations and lifestyles wasn’t enough of a challenge, I decided to add some adventure to the mix. Over the next year, I’ll travel the world and hike seven of the world’s greatest long-distance treks. One on every continent and each at least 100 miles. Still under construction, my intinerary includes:
- Africa – Drakensberg Grand Traverse (S. Africa, Lesotho) and Mt. Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)
- Antarctica – South Georgia Island
- Asia – Annapurna Circuit and Mustang Track (Nepal)
- Europe – Tour de Mont Blanc (France, Switzerland, Italy)
- North America – John Muir Trail (California)
- Oceania – Te Araroa (New Zealand – South Island only)
- South America – Alpamayo Circuit (Peru)
This blog will cover those journeys and all the adventures in between. I’ll discuss my transition from career lawyer to entrepreneur; my travel and hiking adventures; and, because I’m a treehugger at heart, I’ll also discuss the environmental issues facing the places I travel.